Social distancing and self-quarantine are being recommended by state departments. Countries announced lockdowns to curb the deadly spread of the novel coronavirus.
Except for essential commodities, all retail outlets are closed. Local officials release an advisory to keep preventive measures to control and limit the spread of coronavirus outbreak.
“What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them,”
Dr. Mike Ryan told on BBC’s Andrew Marr Show
He further added, “The danger right now with the lockdowns … if we don’t put in place the strong public health measures now, when those movement restrictions and lockdowns are lifted, the danger is the disease will jump back up.”
Whether you are accessing outlets for essential commodities, but not practicing social distancing, you may also access the risk of the novel coronavirus. Self Quarantine, Social distancing, and self-isolation have been extracted and recommend, So let’s explore much valued precautionary measures.
What does Social Distancing mean in COVID19?
Social Distancing: It is meant to maintain the physical space between people. The technique is to stay at least six feet away from the other people. It helps to stop the spreading of illness.
Social Distancing is the only way to defeat Corona Virus.
Do’s and Dont’s of Social Distancing
Postponed events and canceled festivals are fine examples of social distancing. Alongside, in the wake of social distancing, local authorities have taken the following measures.
- Work from home
- Closing the schools and conducting online classes
- Postponing the social gathering Avoiding family get-togethers
- Canceling the large meeting and events etc.
- Symphony of Body Hormones for Optimum HealthWelcome, health enthusiasts, to another insightful journey into the intricate… Read more: Symphony of Body Hormones for Optimum Health
- Top Weight Loss Updates of 2023The year 2023 has been the biggest breakthrough in the… Read more: Top Weight Loss Updates of 2023
- Which tea is your healthy drink?Tea is one of the most widely consumed beverages in… Read more: Which tea is your healthy drink?
What is self-quarantine?
Self-Quarantine: The 14 day time period, where the person exposed to risk is not allowed to meet anyone and quarantined in the confined place.
Once the person is found exposed to the risk of COVID-19, he is put into the self-quarantine for 14 days. The 14 day time period is enough to decide whether or not the person is ill with Corona and contagious to others.
Due to the deadly expansion of COVID 19, doctors are asking people to practice self-quarantine if you are returning from any part of the world, high in danger or if you have been exposed to the infected person.
How to Self-Quarantine at home during COVID19?
- Using standard hygiene and frequent handwash
- Stopping the things-sharing such as towels and utensils
- Staying at least 3 meters away from the people in a household.
After the quarantine period, if you are found with no symptoms, you must follow the instructions of your doctor, for returning to the normal routine.
When should you Self-Quarantine?
You must follow self-quarantine rules by CDC if:
• You are returning from the country exposed to the risk of COVID-19.
• If someone at your work/home/ school is exposed to COVID19.
• Or your doctor suggests you for the same.
The key to fighting well and defeat Corona is to maintain social distancing without being panic. The virus does not come to your home and is not spread if you don’t make contact with people. This is why most of the countries with danger are opting for lockdown.
A large number of people often misunderstand the seasonal flu and influenza to be COVID 19. To save people from being panic, WHO has shared enough guidelines.
Too many people becoming severely ill with COVID 19 at the same time result in high demand for hospital beds, equipment, and doctors. The situation aggravates when people start rushing to hospitals for petty flu problems.
Self-Quarantine is only necessary for the above reasons and when your doctor recommends the same.
It is important to know the symptom of Coronavirus and what to do when you feel sick.
The corona Virus Pandemic has made everyone concerned for hygiene, hand-wash and the use of sanitizer.
Along with these steps, practices such as Social distancing, self- quarantine, and isolation and increasing immunity to prevent risks are also important in slowing down the rate of infection. The pandemic is huge, but the consolidated efforts by every one of us can bring a great change to world health.