Exercise nourishes your life. COVID 19 has impoverished the state of health for all. Gym lovers or health avid facing hard times in between lockdowns or emergency. So, following exercises or workout plan at home for men and women, without any equipment is a buzz nowadays. Still, your plan to lose weight can be well-coordinated with a beginner workout schedule at home with no gym equipment.
In between endangering transmission of COVID, people need to stay healthy as far as possible to prevent long term health risks. Boost your immunity to avoid COVID-19 risks. Regular exercises come with countless benefits apart from losing weight.
Doing exercise boosts the immunity of the body, lowers health risks and improves bone health. Regular exercise prunes the risk of life-threatening diseases such as diabetes, heart problems, etc.
Daily exercise for a healthy life can also be followed at your home. These days due to lockdown, you may face issues going to health clubs or gyms for dropping weight. Though still, you must be self-motivated to follow exercise to do at your home in the quarantine period.
A properly planned schedule with daily workout is easy to be followed diligently. You don’t need to hit your nearest gym for the full-body workout rather you may start it at your home.
The set of specifically centered exercises helps you in losing weight, strengthen muscles and mental peace in busy days. In days encircled with a high risk of COVID effect, it’s better to stay at home and follow exercises that are effective and without using heavy equipment.
These are bodyweight exercises, effective for your whole body toning and making you healthy.
Exercises To Do At Home For Men & Women
Before starting your workout, a warm-up for at least 5-10 minutes whether you are pro or a beginner. Warm-up before exercise, It prevents you from any risk of injuries, by loosening up joints and muscles.
1. Jumping Jacks
Jumping Jacks is the core exercise that targets the full-body workout. It is among the best cardio exercises for beginners as well. Jumping jacks uplifts the intensity of your exercise with steps. So, while doing it, you will end up with an energizing experience.
How to do jumping jacks?
- Stand straight with hands-on sides and feet together.
- Inhale, Jump at your place along with lifting your arms above the head and bring feet more than two and a half feet apart.
- Next Exhale, immediately reverse this movement and come back to your original position.
- Now do it a little faster with least 30 counts.
- Jumping jacks adds more calories in your fat burning process with various other benefits. It builds your muscles stronger, makes the heart stronger, and relieves stress.
A routine exercise including jumping jacks helps in making your body flexible, stronger by improving your stamina and stability.
Plank is among the best exercises for your rock hard abs. While in the position of the plank, your abs get toned.
It is an easy exercise even for beginners’ workout plan, also helps in aiming stronger shoulders, backs arms and toned abs. The plank can be practiced as an effective exercise in many different variations plans.
How to do Plank?
- Plant hand exactly under shoulders.
- Ground toes to the floor. Keep your back straight and long, abdomen in, knees lock and squeeze glutes.
- Keep your neck straight and neutral by gazing at the spot one and a half ft apart from your hands in front.
- Hold the posture for 30 seconds and then gradually increase the time with practice.
- Let’s get into the ordinary pushup position. Your elbows must be bent in 90 degrees, and keep your body weight on forearms.
- Your head to feet must form a straight line. Now hold this plank position as long as you can.
3. Cross Crunches
Searching exercise easily to follow at your home. For weight loss, weak immunity, body toning, etc cross crunches come next in your bodyweight workout plan.
It strengthens your core and abdominal muscles. Cross crunches are more result-oriented and easy exercise for your oblique muscles and abs.
How to do Cross Crunches?
- Lie flat on your back with knees bent.
- Place both of your hands behind your head.
- Raise upper back and twist right shoulder towards left knee across the body, while bringing the left knee toward right elbow.
- Come back to the original position and repeat it as many you can by switching sides.
4. Side Plank:
While including plank in your workout at home, you may also follow other types including a variation, Side plank. It is another effective position for beginner exercises without equipment. Side planks help you in gaining more core benefits including stronger abs stronger and strengthen oblique. Usually, it tones your abs more then it works while doing crunches.
Steps to do Side Plank?
- Come down to straight plank with both feet together.
- Turn your body rightward, stretching your left arm up towards the ceiling.
- Keep your left foot overlapping the right feet and back as straight as possible.
- Hold at least for 30 seconds and repeat with alternate sides.
Usually, people choose squats among the best bodyweight exercises for butt shaping and people suffering from bad knee problems. Squats help men and women in shaping butts with a workout having no equipment at their home.
It aims in getting a better shape with your daily workout plan. Squats can be tries with different variations strengthening your lower body muscles.
How to do squat?
- Stand straight.
- Drive your hips back with back straight, head facing forward and chest and shoulders up.
- Bend knees and squat down by keeping your knees straight in line with feet.
- Hold at least for 30 seconds.
When it comes around a beginner’s workout plan at home, lunges are recommended to be included. Lunges help in toning your thighs quickly and also strengthen the mobility in hips and lower body.
Lunges result in bodyweight workout benefits like quick toning of your thighs. So, planning exercises at home with or without using any weight, barbell or dumbbell, still it is well resulted.
Use lunges with variation, by holding dumbbells while stepping forward and lowering hips.
How to do Lunges?
- Stand straight.
- Step forward with the right leg.
- Bend your right knee until the right thigh comes parallel to the ground.
- Remember to stop your knee from moving out of the toe.
- Step back and come to the starting position.
- Repeat with alternate legs.
- Repeat the set at least 15 times each.
Push-ups in your workout plan are effective exercise, for strengthening your chest as well as arm muscles. Including pushups in your daily exercise plan at home, benefits for upper body muscles including biceps, shoulder, triceps.
How to do Pushups?
- Start with a straight plank position.
- Keep your back straight, knees lock and abdomen in.
- Bend your elbows driving them back and close to ribs
- Lower down your body till your chin touches to the ground while looking one and a half ft apart in the front.
- Strengthen the grip over ground and push your body up again to straight plank
- Repeat at least 10 times.
Stay blessed and healthy, at this time. Fix your busy day, make a workout plan, be a self-motivated beginner, and follow these easy and effective exercises at your home. Count your calories not your age.
8. Russian twist
It’s an effective workout for the whole abdomen. It improves body balance and helps you keep in shape.
How to do a Russian Twist?
- Sit straight on your mat with legs straight open in front.
- Bring your feet close to hips and bend your knees.
- Lean your torso back 45 degrees and draw abdomen in.
- Interlock fingers to make a fist.
- Twist your upper body right side keeping back reclined 45 degrees.
- Twist your upper body left side keeping back reclined 45 degrees.
- Repeat the set at least 15 times each side.
9. High Knees
It helps you work on inner thighs and outer hip areas. It’s good belly fat burning exercise too!
How to do High knees?
- Stand straight with feet hip-width apart.
- Raise your right knee upto the height of the waist.
- Repeat the move with the alternate leg. Continue pulling knees up quickly.
- Repeat at least 1 minute.
10. Dead Bugs
A great exercise for the abdominal wall that improves your body flexibility and balance along with strengthening muscles.
How to do Deadbugs?
- Lie on your back keeping your legs and arms extended towards the ceiling.
- Drop your right arm behind your head while lowering your left leg. Come back to the original position and repeat it with switching sides.
- Repeat for 15 times at least each side.
So, exercises at home would shield you against unwelcomed health issues. Exercises for a healthy routine gain you a disciplined schedule of lifestyle. Hence, amid coronavirus’ pandemic, you better stay at your home and follow a full-body workout or physical activity at home. Stay blessed, Stay safe!