Weight Loss, more than Just a search on google. Today people searching for weight loss programs comprising Surya namaskar, not dwindling by the use of medicines or detox drinks.
Here, the role of Surya Namaskar, shows an effective yoga asana for weight loss, reducing hypertension, blood pressure, etc comes into the picture.
In other words, there are various benefits of performing yoga asana. It not only keeps you healthy in your daily life but also helps in changing your art of living your daily life.
Moreover, today’s people are pretty much concerned with their problem of gaining weight but they fail to provide excessive time to do exercise in order to reduce weight.
So in order to reduce weight and burn calories, many asanas are there and one of the most beneficial is the Surya Namaskar.
12 pose of Surya Namaskar
There are 12 poses of Surya Namaskar that helps you to lose weight more quickly:
1. Pranamasana or the prayer pose.
2. Hastauttanasana or the raised arms pose.
3.Hastapadasana or hands to foot pose.
4.Ashwa Sanchalanasana or the Equestrian pose.
5.Dandasana or the stick pose.
6.Ashtanga Namaskar or the salutation of your body’s eight parts.
7.Bhujangasana or the downward-facing pose.
8.Parvatasana or Mountain Pose
9.Ashwa Sanchalanasana or the Equestrian pose.
10.Hastapadasana or hand to foot pose.
11. Hastauttanasana or the raised arms pose.
12.Pranamasana or the prayer pose.
These were the 12 poses that you have to follow in order to complete your one round.
However, there are some weight loss stories where people practiced 108 Surya Namaskar. In addition to their experience, it will help you in burning your calories and then you can lose weight.
How does Surya Namaskar work better for weight loss?
In order to lose weight by performing Surya Namaskar, you will have to perform a number of steps in your daily schedule and then you can see quick results.
- The first step involves doing the Surya Namaskar in a proper way. All the 12 poses that is present in Surya Namaskar must be done in a proper and correct way in order to see the weight loss effect.
- In order to lose weight at a faster rate, a person must perform it daily and also at the same time every day. In order to stay motivated a person can turn on gentle and smooth soothing music.
- All the steps of the 12 asanas of Surya Namaskar must be done in a slow and steady manner. Now to perfect all the asana of the Surya Namaskar, it will take around two weeks which in turn will help you to lose weight and get slimmer than before.
- After gaining enough strength and knowing all the asana perfectly, you can increase the round if you like. In order to lose weight faster doing the 12 asanas of Surya Namaskar for 12 rounds and for 6 days in a week is very essential.
- Always keep in mind to end your session of yoga with relaxing yoga and stretching yoga for 5 min, which includes a corpse pose or Shavasana.
Now when you should do Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation?
The best time is an early morning for the good result of Surya Namaskar.
It is essential to perform Surya Namaskar in the morning. Most importantly, doing a warm-up before starting the yoga session is very important as it will prevent injury.
Doing 6 to 7 sets on a daily basis is good and very important to get quick results. Usually, people find healthy results with more rounds of asanas.
So many experts are there and it’s better to take advice from the experts so that you are not misguided in performing any of your exercises.
How many calories Surya Namaskar Burns ?
Calories are very important to burn in order to lose weight. Therefore, with 12 specific steps , number of benefits in addition to weight loss are there.
Now to some relevant calculations and according to certain researches it has been found that a person can burn a total of 3.79 calories by doing Surya Namaskar for 1 minute.
In order to complete a single round of Surya Namaskar, it takes around 3 minutes and 40 seconds.
Therefore, if it is calculated then it can be found that doing one round of full Surya Namaskar can burn a total of 13.91 calories.
It means 1 pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories. So in order to reduce a pound of fat in a single week, you need to burn 300 to 400 calories.
Now certain results according to rounds of Surya Namaskar with time
- 18 min will burn 250 calories.
- 25 minutes will burn 350 calories
- 40 minutes will burn 500 calories.
Surya Namaskar and why is it important in daily life?
Surya Namaskar is a Sanskrit term and both the words are having meaning. Namaskar means obeisance and Surya means sun and so the whole Surya Namaskar stands for obeisance to the sun.
This Surya Namaskar is basically a set of 12 yogas in many rounds that helps in providing a good cardiovascular workout.
There are the phenomenal impacts of these asanas on the throat, chest, stomach, waist, heart, legs, and intestine.
Surya Namaskar is also known as Sun Salutation. Basically, a person can state that Surya Namaskar is a full-body workout.
Moreover, the fat-burning set of 108 Surya Namaskar asanas are quite popular nowadays.
This technique of yoga is known to be the base of the power yoga that helps in achieving various health benefits at a limited time.
These exercises can be performed at any time but still, it is better to perform the exercises during the morning time or when a person’s stomach remains empty which is before eating.
There are 12 particular postures for Sun Salutation, a yogic exercise. These 12 are followed one after the other in a cyclic order which is fixed.
This helps in ensuring good health and improvement in a person’s digestion, longevity, beauty, rejuvenation, and agility. This will therefore help in trimming the waist and lose your weight.
Benefits of Surya Namaskar for your body
- Losing your weight if you do it at a faster rate.
2. Surya Namaskar helps your skin to glow.
3. It will help you in fighting steepness.
4. Strengthening of muscles, as well as joints, take place.
5. The function of your digestive system will also improve.
6. You can keep your blood and sugar level in check by performing Surya Namaskar.
7. Sun Salutation is a good way of detoxing.
8. Improving circulation of blood.
9.Helps in keeping anxiety and tension aside.
10.Helps in preventing side effects by controlling cortisol, a stress hormone.
11. Increasing sexual stamina.
12. It will help you in staying fit mentally.
Bowel movement is regulated along with the regulation of the menstrual cycle with daily Surya Namaskar.
Surya Namaskar not just limited to weight loss effects
There are many benefits of Surya Namaskar other than weight loss and they are strengthening your body, improving the circulation of blood, keeping the body limber, and also maintaining your breathing process.
There are many people around the world who are seeking the best exercise that will help them to stay in shape and maintain their health.
This Surya Namaskar can be stated as one of the most important as well as simple techniques transforming the art of living your life.
Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation is powerful, ancient, and something which is basically practiced for many centuries.
You have to think wisely and perform rounds of Surya Namaskar.
In other words, it is not that you do Surya Namaskar for 40 minutes in a single day and then give a pause for the next two days and then again do it for 40 minutes. It will not help.
So it is better to practice Surya Namaskar regularly for glowing skin in addition to losing weight.